The iCan way of thinking- Welcome to our blog
Welcome to our first blog! How exciting!
If you haven’t heard about iCan before, please allow us to introduce ourselves. We specialise in helping people change attitudes towards Health and Fitness from I cant to I CAN! Working predominately with people who think they couldn’t or wouldn’t exercise in a “traditional” fitness facility.
Members benefit from:
- iCan’s unique resistance training circuit with instructor every session- Low impact so kind on muscles and joints
- Classes as often as you like- Rebounding, Yoga and Multicultural Carlisle dance classes
- Weighs and measurements monthly
- Healthy eating support and advice
- ALL INCLUDED IN OUR MEMEBRSHIP! HOORAH!
- Our eating, drinking and wellbeing health manual with 6-week 1-1 tuition to help you reach your goals, tape measure and resistance band- £20 for members. £25 for non-members
Today we wanted to talk about:
Eating well– Did you know? An average women needs to eat about 2000 calories per day to maintain her current weight and 1500 calories to lose one pound of weight per week.
However this does depend on numerous factors. These include age, height, current weight, activity levels, metabolic health and several others…..
So how do we manage that into an easy to follow meal plan?
How about using this as a tool:
BREAKFAST- 1 portion of carbohydrates, 1 portion of protein, 1 portion of fruit
2 SNACKS A DAY– 1 portion of protein, twice a day.
LUNCH– 2 portions of carbohydrates, 2 portions of proteins, vegetables, 1 portion of fruits
DINNER– 2 portions of protein, plus vegetables
WATER– 8 glasses or 2 litres per day!
Tracking your food intake can be important. Research shows that people who log what they eat lose more weight and are likelier to keep weight off in the long run!
Call us on 01228 212099 or pop in if you would like to talk to us more about this, or get some helpful hints and tips to get you started.